New Version has ESP-12E on board!
This board can be used as a stand alone web server, as well as a wifi shield for the Arduino Uno R3 and Mega2560. A great introduction to the capabilities of this device can be found here
It can also be used as a development platform for virtually any microcontroller (even Raspberry Pi) You just need to wire it in appropriately.
This board can also be used standalone programming the ESP8266 (ESP13) via the Arduino IDE.
ESP8266-Based Serial WiFi Shield for Arduino Uno R3 and Mega2560 it is designed and developed by Shenzhen Doctors of Intelligence & Technology (SZDOIT).
The shield is designed based on ESP8266 NodeMCU LUA module. This shield ia 100% pin-compatible with Arduino UNO and Mega2560 DevBoard.
Web Sever Configuration Mode
and then you can find the WiFi signal from Arduino shield.
· WiFi module is industrial-grade chips ESP8266, which is ESP-12E with metal shield, strong anti-interference ability;
· Shield is pin-compatible with Arduino Uno, Mega2560 and other control boards that have a compatible pin interface. A voltage converter chip is used to deal with 3.3V (Esp8266) and 5V (Arduino);
· Dual DIP switches are used for serial ports so that this module shield can be used stand alone as an Arduino Uno expansion board, and also be used as ESP8266 expansion board;
· Serial data is transported to WiFi device transparently, and vice versa. Arduino programs do not need any configuration;
· WebServer is developed to configure WiFi parameters and serial port parameters;
· The module shield can be used as an independent ESP8266 development board. for instance, downloading the official AT commands firmware, NodeMCU open source firmware can be used;
· The module shield also can be used as stand-alone expansion board for Arduino Uno R3.
For more references about Doit serial WiFi module expansion board, driver board information, please refer to:
· 802.11 b / g / n wireless standards;
· STA / AP modes support ;
· TCP / IP protocol stack, One socket;
· Supports standard TCP / UDP Server and Client;
· Supports serial port baud rate configuration:
· 1200/2400/4800/9600/19200/38400/57600/74800/115200 bps;
· Supports serial data bits: 5/6/7/8 bits;
· Supports serial parity: none;
· Supports serial stop bits: 1/2 bit;
· Pin-compatible with Arduino UNO, Mega;
· Arduino Pinout 2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13;
· ESP8266 GPIO Pinout 0/2/4/5/9/10/12/13/14/15/16 / ADC / EN / UART TX / UART RX;
· KEY button: modes configuration;
· Dual-Ports DIP switches: switching Arduino and ESP8266;
· WiFi operation current: continuous transmission operation: ≈70mA (200mA MAX), idle mode:<200ua;
· Serial WiFi transmission rate: 110-460800bps;
· Temperature: -40 ~ + 125deg;
· Humidity: 10%-90% non-condensing;
· Weight: about 20g;
Arduino ESP8266 WiFi shield: 1pcs
Pictures below show how it is attached. This sale is for the expansion board only, not the Arduino itself.